Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Word of the Week. . . . "Ration"

Our first Thanksgiving without our mother was as successful as it could be. My three sisters and I were in charge of the five day long menu and grocery list for 22 people, 5 of those being teenage boys. Needless to say there were several meals days where the word "ration" was used in conjunction with portions of food. We also used the phrase, "you snooze, you lose" at breakfast almost everyday. I think we went back to the grocery store three times for milk, ice and butter. Midnights at Allsups for "gut grenades" was the guys hotspot. The food however, was absolutely delicious; our mother was a great cook and taught us well. We have no idea how Nonnie did it. She was amazing. I have to admit we had a really good weekend. Thanksgiving dinner was great.
Friday, the kids got to play in the park, then we went to enjoy the festival of lights in City Park as well as meeting Santa. Bexley wasn't too thrilled, so no Santa pics to share yet.

Somehow we were able to get all 14 grandkids together for a group picture. It was quite an experience and not one single picture was perfect, but these were the best I could get. I guess that's the fun of it though.






4 comments:

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

what a gorgeous family!!! i bet kathy was smiling down and making sure all her new (and old) friends were seeing her beautiful family, too!!!!

i am so impressed with the fact that they were all looking in the direction of the camera....i have 3 and we struggle to accomplish that!!

glad y'all had a good weekend!!!

The Johnsons said...

Glad you girls had a good Thanksgiving! Praying Christmas will be even better! Congrats, by the way!

Kristi said...

Jaimie...I thought of you all over Thanksgiving! I knew your mom would be greatly missed, but it is obvious that she did a wonderful job preparing you girls! She taught me a lot during our time in Childress about hospitality! She was always willing to open her home (even at the LAST minute) to anyone who would come over...and she was GREAT at preparing meals/food for large groups!

The picture of the kids is wonderful! They are all just precious! Take care! Give your sisters hugs!

Kristi (Andress)

Sharon said...

I love the pics! Sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you guys. Dad's hospital stay made my time even more scarce. I'm so thankful that the weekend went well though. Love you!