Monday, August 17, 2009

Potty Training. . . UGH!!

I've decided it's time for hard core potty training. Bexley has been randomly going to the potty for quite some time but everytime we try underwear he always has an accident. So this week is the week. Bex and I made a trip to the Dollar Store and bought $15 worth of toys that he picked out. We are calling these his "Potty Prizes" and if he goes to the potty all day, he gets a prize. I added suckers, too and he can have those whenever. We started with Pull-Ups over the weekend and besides bed time and nap time he is doing good as long as I keep making him go every hour or so. That seems to be the hardest part; reminding myself to remind him to go. We've had one true accident because he fell asleep in his underwear before I knew it and wet the bed. Then at the swimming pool, literally less than five minutes after he went to the potty he wet his pants while waiting in line for the diving board. We've had no poo poo accidents, thank you, Lord! Today is our first official day in underwear. I have to admit he is the cutest thing ever in his little undies. I'm still nervous about going out in public in underwear. Bex hasn't yet made the initiative to go to the potty himself, it's always me. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of him so far. Our goal is to be finished by the time he starts preschool on Sept. 9. We still have a long way to go.
Bex opening his first package of big boy underwear!!

No comments: