Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Great Summer Day. . .Or maybe not

We had such a great day last Friday. Julie had received three free Jump'n Land tickets from her school so we had to use them up before summer ended. Jump'n Land is an indoor play area full of bounce houses and those huge inflatable slides.
It was a lot of fun, Bexley ran all over the place. We were just about to leave and I heard Bex screaming and thought for sure he and Case were fighting again (as they always do). So I go over to referee and notice a kid who looks about 5 or 6 laying ON TOP of my little 2 year old trying to get a basketball away from him. This was the first time I have ever gotten on to a kid that I wasn't related to. He was giving me one of those grins like, "you're not the boss of me". Well, when I got the ball and gave it back to Bexley he tried to take it away from him again right in front of me!! Finally Grandma came over and I explained to her that this kid was laying on top of my two year old and that Bex checked the ball out from the front desk and has had the ball for over an hour. She said "I'm sorry". I was so angry I was shaking for about 30 minutes! I cannot believe a kid that old would think it was okay to do that to a toddler. But just look at the smile on his face!!

Later that day we went to a Frisco Rough Riders game. We got the cheap seats in the grass so Bex could run around, we could take Beau in the stroller and not have a care in the world. You can see in the pictures below how the kids like to be right up agains the fence. Well, Bexley and this one little boy were both on the fence and both wanted to go past each other but neither one would move. So, the other little boy reared back and punched Bexley right in the stomach. His mother came flying down to him and he really got in trouble and was made to apologize to Bexley. His mother turned around and she was a lady I had worked with about six years ago at CPS!! She was so embarassed. Bexley wasn't hurt, didn't cry or care for that matter. I guess this is not going to be the last time he gets bullied, is it? In spite of all of that we had a really great day.

No comments: