Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oh the things kids will say

This past weekend we were driving around in the car and Bexley starts singing. His lyrics go like this.

Mama's gonna bite you, don't say that word.

WHAT?! He sang it over and over and over. I finally said to him, "Bex stop singing that song, Momma doesn't like it." He laughed and said, "I like it" and continued on. I even had him sing it to Brye to make sure I was hearing what I was hearing. I then became very angry and started wondering what in the world they were teaching my kid at daycare. So Monday morning I go straight into his room and up to his teacher. I tell her that Bexley has been singing a song all weekend and I needed her to decipher his code. I sang to her what he was singing to me. She immediately began to laugh and said, it's

Momma's gonna buy you a Mockingbird!

I feel like an idiot. For one, the daycare teacher recognized that and I didn't; and two, did I really think they were telling my kid I would bite him for saying a bad word? So now I can laugh about it and will be correcting his lyrics although they are now kind of cute!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness....that is hilarious! A classic! Our grandson (Ashley's little boy) used to sing "Joshua Fought the battle of Cherry coke!" At least that what he THOUGHT he heard on his kids Bible songs cd!ha! I look forward to more "Bexleyisms"!ha!

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

love it!!! :) i think he's onto something!!! that would be a great song!!! :)

Sharon said...

That's awesome! I love it! Mine do that to me too. Miss you!