Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Two years ago today my life was turned upside down. Two years ago today my mother died. Since 6:00 pm last night, I have relived every single moment of my last days with her. I know I shouldn't do that to myself, but in a way it helps. It's amazing to me how I can recall details like it was yesterday. I remember what I was wearing, what I ate, what I said to her when I left the hospital that night. I remember packing her bags for the hospital thinking she'll need something comfortable but presentable because she'll have visitors. When I cry, sometimes I cry because I am so jealous that she is in Heaven with our Lord praising him like I know she always wanted to. Sometimes I cry because I am so sad that my children are not going to know her. Bexley got to meet her but he was barely a year old when she died; he'll never remember how much she loved him, and as much I tell him, he'll never understand how special he was to her. Most of the time I cry because I just miss her so much. I miss calling her with recipe questions, with medical questions or with parenting questions. No matter what, she was always right. I miss her hands, her smile and her skin. I miss the way she smelled of latex gloves when she came home from work or of onions after cooking dinner. I especially miss the way she would laugh until she wet her pants!! Words can never express how special my mother was and that's what I'm most afraid of. I will not ever be able to share with my children how special she was. She was not only the best mother, but the best wife and I can only dream of being the kind of wife to my husband that she was to my dad. Most people knew my mother as a nurse and a wonderful nurse she was. She was an even better mom. I miss her more and more everyday. She was my biggest fan and the best role model I ever had. Now I have comfort knowing that she is now my Guardian Angel. I love you, Mom.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

You all have been on my heart all week. I can only imagine how much you miss your mom. She was not only a wonderful mom and wife, but a TRUE friend! She wrapped her arms around me the day we moved to Childress and she never let go...through all four pregnancies, up and downs of ministry and our call to missions and move to the Philippines. I love her!