Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bexley's 3!!!

My little Bexley is now three years old. It has gone by so fast and I am loving this age. Bex is such a talker and can really carry on a good conversation. I so wish I would write down some of the things he says so I'll never forget. One of my favorites that I can think of right now is if I get upset with him and raise my voice or punish him in any way, he'll simply ask, "Momma, you happy?" If I say no, he'll respond with, "hugs make us happy" and give me the biggest hug ever. Sometimes, I tell him I'm not happy just to get a great big hug. He is absolutely amazing and LOVES his momma. He loves his daddy, too, don't get me wrong, but man is he attached to me. He is still attending school two days a week and recently had his Thanksgiving program. Needless to say, he did not actually participate besides standing where he was supposed to and staring at the crowd. A little stage fright never hurt anyone, just ask Barbara Striesand. My dad, Poppa, was able to come down for Bex's birthday this year which was a lot of fun. Matt and Tanya and Bentley also got to be here. We had a pancake breakfast and everyone got to make their own pancakes. We had chocolate chips, cinnamon apples, blueberries, and bananas. They turned out really good. Grandpa and JoJo didn't make it this year but came for Thanksgiving the following weekend so he got to open more presents!! We splurged on the little guy this year and finally got him that four-wheeler he'd been wanting. We had promised it to him for successfully potty training but when your birthday is two months away, I had to hold off. He has enjoyed his four-wheeler a lot, but now that the weather is getting pretty cold, it's been parked in the garage for a while.
Bex is becoming such a good big brother too. He and Beau are now taking baths together and Bexley asks almost every night if Beau can sleep with him. Not too much longer, Buddy and he can. I can't imagine my life without my Bex. He makes me laugh and has taught me so much about patience and parenting :) Love you as big as the sky Buddy!!

No comments: