Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Funny Valentine

On February 7th, Brye and I attended a Gala titled, "My Funny Valentine" to raise money for CASA of Collin County, which is where I work. It is an annual event that we attend every year. This year was a little more reserved as you can imagine due to the economy. Dean Martin performed a stand up act and there was a swing band. The craziest part of the night was the fact that a yellow lab puppy was auctioned off for $6,000.00. Can you believe that? The week long trip to France for 10 people only went for $14,000.00. One of the volunteers that I supervise won a tip to the Dr. Phil show for around $2,000.00 Lot's of money was made for our charity and we are really pleased. It's not often Brye and I get to dress up together, although it's much more fun when I'm not six months pregnant! If you are interested in learning more about CASA and especially CASA of Collin County our web address is http://www.casaofcollincounty.org/. I would encourage all of you to volunteer at your local CASA program if there is one. It can be a very rewarding experience.

1 comment:

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

that's awesome!!! i didn't realize you worked for CASA!!! i was on the the board when we started CASA here in childress....we would have LOVED for our gala to bring in a third of the money y'all made!!!! that's great!!!!!
you look gorgeous, by the way!!!!