Monday, April 11, 2011

The Joys of Boys (and I've only just begun)

I got my first soccer ball in the face today and it made me realize it won't be my last . I am raising two boys after all. Funny thing is, it was my husband that did it. I love having boys. I'm sure the list below will get longer as the years go by and some of the things I love; I may grow to hate and some of the things I hate; I may grow to love.

nakedness
dirt
sword fights
pillow fights
food fights
running everywhere
anything can become a sword
pirates
cowboys
superheroes
pro athlete heroes
discussions about (pardon me) penises
hating girls
matching clothes (for now)
sharing a room
wrestling
swinging
cowboy boots
hunting
fishing
skiing
golfing
baseball
football
hockey
The Sandlot
The Little Rascals
busted lips
black eyes
snuggles
hugs
kisses

I could go on and on. I'm truly blessed by two wonderful, beautiful little boys. Thank you, Jesus and Brye!


No comments: