Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What a Summer

I really wish I could keep up with this blog I started, but I can't. I can't keep up with laundry either, just ask my husband. We have had a fabulous, lazy summer. It was full of swimming, soccer, good cookouts and lots of friends.

Bexley played soccer for the first time this summer and had a blast. He is a fairly good soccer player and I can't wait until he's a bit older and can be more competitive. He received the award for "the most fun player" from his coach because no matter what, Bex was always having fun!

Bexley also learned how to swim this summer. He can actually jump off the diving board and swim to the side with NO HELP!! I am so proud of him, especially since we didn't even spend any money on lessons. He learned it all on his own; with a little help and coaching from mommy of course. Beau is also going to be a good swimmer. He loves the water and with floaties on in the baby pool, I can let him go and he can handle it on his own! The boys also enjoyed time on the slip and slide and water park with their besties.


Brye and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary this year! Thanks to Rob and Jo for coming to spend the weekend with the boys we were able to get away. We left on a Saturday morning (after soccer, of course) and went shopping; which we never get to do alone anymore. We bought fancy clothes for our night out. We then went and checked in at The Mansions on Turtle Creek. A beautiful old hotel in uptown Dallas. Brye made reservations for us at a wonderful restaurant called Nick and Sam's. The manager found out about our special occasion and treated us to caviar, champagne, and a wine tasting. It was fabulous! We have had a wonderful 10 years together and I can't imagine my life without Brye and the two precious little boys he has given me. Brye has literally shown me the world and I have enjoyed every minute of it and can't wait for more!!
Beau got to enjoy his first "fishing" trip with daddy this summer too! Bex got to go with Brye a few times and even got to reel in some fish. We only caught two on this particular occasion, but they were big ones and I can't wait to eat them!
Beau has really taken on a wonderful personality. He is so funny and does this little nose crinkle when he smiles! He learned how to use a fork on his own and no doubt will take his brother down very soon. He has had a few black eyes and even chipped a tooth, thanks to Stella. He will be my rough and tumble, but me sweet one too. Man does he love to snuggle.

The rest of our summer was spent with our dear friends. We played in the park, fed the ducks and I got reunited with sorority sisters and their kids I hadn't seen in years. I cannot believe it is already over, however I look forward to seeing what the school year brings for Bexley and getting to spend some quality alone time with Beau. Welcome Fall!!

No comments: