Thursday, June 3, 2010

Beau's First Birthday!!

So this post is way overdue as are many others, but better late than never.
My baby is ONE! I can't believe it. It seems such a short time ago he was such a tiny little infant. I have loved every single minute of his short life and cannot wait to see what the next years will bring. Since Beau was so lucky to be born on May 5 (Cinco de Mayo) we decided to incorporate some culture into his party. Poor guy is gonna get Mexican food on his birthday every year for the rest of his life. Reminds me of when I was young. My birthday happens to fall on Feb. 13th, so I always ended up with a strawberry cake; and many times in the shape of a heart. I used to get irritated, but now I can totally see where my mom was coming from! So we had fajitas, a pinata, and maracas as party favors! We borrowed a bounce house from Jodi; invited 10 of our closest friends and their kids which sounds like not that many but 10 of our closest friends turns into 20 because they are couples. With their kids (everyone has at least two) we ended up with about 40 people at the party! It was a blast. The weather cooperated; Brye was a genius with the food and it was a great day. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was in the moment and just didn't.



We had a second party for Beau at his paternal grandparents over Mother's Day weekend. It was Kemp's college graduation as well. Congratulations Kemp!!! It was nice. My dad and sister, Jennifer got to come with her kids and our good friends, the Grishams joined us. It was short and sweet and a really good time. His second taste of chocolate cake was a little messier than the first, which was fun. Thanks to the grandparents spoiling him as usual, the car was loaded down with toys on the way home.



Beau learned how to walk about two weeks before he turned one. He has gotten really good at it and can pretty much run if he wants. He can also climb the stairs which is very scary, but he loves to play upstairs in his room or Bexley's room. He loves tomatoes, cheese, and grapes. His favorite word is "cracker" and anything in a box is a cracker. He does love crackers too! Banana's are an all time favorite as are Eggo waffles. His laugh is just like his mommas "cackle" and he has eight beautiful teeth that light up the room when he smiles. His eyes are as blue as the ocean and his hair as white as cotton. He is more beautiful than I could ever have imagined him to be. And yes, he looks just like his daddy. I love him so much.

No comments: