Thursday, October 23, 2008

And 1 makes 4!!

Three months down, six more to go; we are having baby number two! Brye and I are very excited and sadly, Bexley isn't sure what a "big brother" really is yet. He will find out soon enough and I'm not sure if it's going to be easy. He is so jealous of the dog being in my lap, I don't know what he'll do with a baby. However, he loves his cousin, Baby Joie, so I'm hoping for the best.
Anyway, Baby 2 is due May 8, 2009, on my neice Jorja's third birthday. Brye and I are still struggling on whether I'm to go back to work or stay home. I never imagined myself being a stay at home mom, but a non-profit organization doesn't really pay the daycare bill. I have to admit being a mother of two is a lot scarier than just a mother of one. Will I really loves this one as much as I love Bexley? Can I juggle two year old tantrums and newborn cries at the same time?
The other side to all this is that I no longer have my mom to lean on and ask questions. She'd be the one to reassure me of course you will love the second as much as the first. She'd be the one who was there to catch me when I felt like I was falling. I know she'll be there, just not the way I want her there. I actually had a dream the other night that I went to a prenatal appointment and the baby's heartbeat was irregular and I was hospitalized. My mom was there. I guess that is God's way of reminding me she really hasn't left me; she's here.
Thankfully I have a fabulous husband and three wonderful sisters that I know will be here for me and a mother in law that I'm sure will be here too. It is wonderful to have such a great family.

4 comments:

Jammi Palmer said...

what a sweet post..i know you miss your mom. :( and i know im not a sister. but i am here for you! and i am a mother of two.. never two in diapers. ;) but two none-the-less! youre going to be GREAT with #2. and we cant wait to meet her/him!

Sharon said...

You will love #2 as much as Bex and you should take the time off. There's always time to work. Enjoy being able to stay home if you can. I love you honey. Are you coming Saturday to the Gala? Hope so! I'm so happy for you and Brye! Bexley will be an amazing Big Bro because you will teach him how to be. XOXO

Ashley said...

Congratulations! Thanks for emailing me. It's so good to know you and the girls have a blog. I have one, too! Emily and Erin also have one. Emily's is private though, but I know she would love for you girls to be able to read it. I will let her know to add your email address to her list so you can log in to read it. Let me know the other girls' email adds so she can add them, too!

Kristi said...

Hi!! It's Kristi Andress...I'm so excited to find your blog...as well as your sisters'! And I'm so excited that you are going to have another little one. You know what an important part your mom played in my early years as a new mother. I remember having the same feelings you are having...how could I possibly love another one as much as I love my first! But then, Kathy was quick to point how much she loved each of you girls...she was such an inspiration to me! (I would never have dreamed that I, too, would have FOUR girls like her!) I miss her so much even though we only talked about once a year! I've been praying for you, Jodi, Julie and Jennifer as well as your dad! Take care!